Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's in a name?

I wanted to explain a bit about the name I have given my blog, Naturally Phine. In short, I am inspired by two things that I feel have far reaching implications and importance in life - Nature and the Greek letter phi, φ (which represents the Golden Ratio).

Regarding nature, I think it is very important for each one of us to remain in contact with
the natural world around us all. Nature is in our DNA and as human beings we too are creatures of the "natural" world just like any other plant, animal, element or form of energy. We must understand and respect the greatness of Mother Nature, and cherish her for providing all of the life giving necessities we truly need to enjoy this beautiful world.

While there are many wonderful creations and advancements made "unnaturally" by the hands of man, I feel it important that everyone still maintain a connection with the natural world. Nature is what sustains life and enables us all to live. As such, we must continue to stay connected to nature because the powers of the natural world are uniquely nourishing to the individual Being. People need to embrace nature and not just surround themselves with the creations by man. I truly believe that the more people surround themselves with nature, the better they will feel and enjoy living.

As for the Golden Ratio, phi, I feel it is a wonderful number/idea that has many interesting applications and properties. To me, the Golden Ratio is a very naturally number that appears to fit into the universe quite nicely. It is clearly present in life through many different forms and I believe it is a number that needs to be embraced for it's unique qualities. I believe that if things are created in respect to the Golden Ratio then they will be turn out well - they will be fine (phine).

It is my intention that living a life aware of and respectfu
l to both nature and phi will be good to me and provide all that I could hope for. There are endless amounts of love, happiness, peace, kindness, pleasure and fun for all of us to enjoy - we just need to open ourselves up to bringing them into our lives. I hope to share with others how I feel everyone can live a life that is better than anything they currently know. Once we live each day full of such wonderful feelings, we will be living a life that is Naturally Phine.

No comments:

Post a Comment