Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why Am I Here?

Greetings to all of you who have come to my (first) blog. It is my intention that this blog be a place to share thoughts, updates, insights and meaningful information with others. Do what you will with what I provide, but if nothing else, at least give some of your own thought to what you find here. Also, I hope that everyone who comes to view this page will become more aware and thoughtful about the choices made in life. This includes choices that each one of you make as individuals as well as the choices made by others. Choices are ultimately what determine the future, so think about the choices you make now and if they are helping to create the future you want later.

I believe we all have the ability to make decisions in life, however, often times we are not always presented with the options we would like to choose from. Regardless, we still must make choices on a daily basis in order to navigate through life. Given the interconnectedness of the universe, often times choices made by other people directly impact us on the individual level as well. While you may not like the choice(s) the other person made, there is nothing you can do about changing that instant in time. However, from that point forward, you can decide what you want to do next. Do you want to let someone else's choices continue to affect your life, you future? Do you want to just accept things as they are, even if things are bad? Or do you want to embrace the fact that you get to decide what to do next? Everyone has the ability to create the future they want - and this is done through choices.

One choice I have made is to create this blog as a place for me to share the decisions I make in life. While some of my choices may not be accepted by all, I feel the most important aspect is that I at least accept responsibility for the choices made. I encourage others to respond with their own personal thoughts and insights as well, so long as each one also owns their decisions in life. Accept responsibility for what is yours, yet at the same time, do not accept responsibility for that which you have no control. Each one of us can only live the life that we are afforded as individuals, so do what you can to make your life exactly what you want it to be.

Why am I here? I am here because I want to share. Perhaps if I'm fortunate, you will embrace what I'm providing and share it with others as well. Ultimately though, what you do with my offerings is up to you - just remember, the choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment